Dining Room Display Hutch (SOLD)
Dimensions: 67" wide x 84" tall x 19.5" deep
Woods: Knotty, Burled, and Wormy White Oak, Walnut slab tops with
natural edge, walnut joinery pegs and butterfly dovetails
Secondary woods are White Oak and Walnut.
Drawer Boxes are dovetailed and made from walnut with Knotty White
drawer fronts. The same board runs through all 3 drawers.
Finish: no stain, clear nitrocellulose lacquer
Handles: real Kansas Whitetail Deer natural shed Antlers
Construction Style: all mortise and tenon, all solid wood components,
no plywood used.
Side Panel Carvings: Left Side: customer's homesite Right Side:
Clements, KS Old Stone Arch Bridge
Lettering Carving: Psalm 97.1: "The Lord Reigns, Let the Earth
This Hutch has been built to be part of a Dining Set, including
a Dining Table and Chairs, not yet built.
This piece has been designed, carved, & built by M.DeCou 2006.
Photo credits to Trey Allen of www.treyallen.com
of Wichita, KS
- Wall Mirror 35" Tall x 28" Wide.
- Hand Sculpted Chip-Carved Kansas Black Walnut 5/4" thick
Construction is by corner Lap Joints, with Red Oak square pegs
- Hand Carved Star on the Crest, antiqued gold painted
- Hand Carved Lettering "Home on the Range" on the lettering
board, , antiqued gold painted
- Thick, clear, premium grade beveled 1" mirror
- Leather covered shelf under the mirror glass
- Hat Hooks are Kansas Whitetail Deer rosette end antlers (natural
- Coat Hooks are Kansas Whitetail Deer forked antlers (natural
- Signed, and numbered on the back
- Purchaser pays shipping
- This particular Mirror #1 is the first in a concept of mirrors
and accessories with chip-carved surfaces designed to fit in either
a Western, Rustic, Prairie Style, Cowboy, or Texas home. The crest
and lettering board can be custom ordered with names, branding
irons, animal carvings, or any idea you might have. Contact me
for a quote on your idea.